KINDERGARTENOur Kindergarten program is planned and delivered by an Early Childhood Teacher in accordance with Early Years Learning Framework and the Western Australia Kindergarten Curriculum guidelines.
Our rich curriculum allows each child to develop their physical, social, emotional, language and intellectual skills through intentional teachings and allowing children to explore and learn for themselves. Children have opportunities to learn in their own way and develop their skills, this is done through:
- Encouraging self-help skills, allowing children to gain confidence in their abilities
- Developing language skills to communicate ideas and feelings
- Building creative expressions through dance, role play and a wide range of arts resources
- Phonics letter programme running to get children 'school ready'
- Exploring technology through our fantastic interactive whiteboard
- Developing fine and gross motor skills to assist them with every day tasks
- Developing reading, writing and numeracy skills
We have a large, newly refurbished outdoor yard which allows us to combine indoor and outdoor exploration. Children have a strong sense of routine which helps children become 'school ready' and develops their learning. Each child is given a portfolio, a place where the child's learning journey is documented to capture their own creativity, expressions and knowledge.